|Highlights of Apr 25th 2017 Raritan Borough Council Meeting|
All council people were present. |
The meeting was broadcast on "Cablevision-Optimum" Ch. 15 and "Verizon FIOS" Ch. 37.
|The Adult Day Care Center
was recognized on their 40th Anniversary.
They perform a vital function in our community.
The Capital Budget was proposed - final approval will be at a later meeting
5% is paid upfront and the remaining 95% is borrowed by issuing bonds.
SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus) and Air Refill Station for use by the Fire Department - $340,000
Detachable laptop computers for Police Department Patrol Vehicles - $22,500
Blood Alcohol measurement instrument for use by the Police Department - $25,000
Digital Finger Print Scanning System for use by Police Department - $30,000
Mason Dump Truck for use by Public Works Department - $49,554
Planter and water tank for the skid steer loader of the Public Works Department - $14,013
Improvements to the 16 Anderson Street Firehouse - $300,000
Reconstruction of Route 28 Sewer Pump - $250,000
Reconstruction of the manhole at Richard Street and Elizabeth Avenue - $55,000
Engineering work & related expenses for the investigation of sanitary sewers in the Richard St. area - $10,000
Repairs and lining of sewers in the Richard Street area - $100,000
Miscellaneous road repairs, including Richard Street trench - $150,000
Reconstruction of Southwick Street, Victoria Street, and Railroad Avenue - $150,000
|Other Meeting Highlights Include:|
The next Historical Walking Tour will be held Saturday, September 16th.
The Easter Egg Hunt was a success.
Click to see photos
The town's website was revamped by "Borough Clerk/Webmaster" Eric Colvin.
His changes have received critical acclaim.
Click to see the new town web site
|At the last council meeting it was said|
that a new sign was needed for the Dog Park.
That sign is now up.
|The town accepted a parcel of land from the Duke Farms Foundation Block 115 Lot 2
The assessed value is $151,000
The tax map shows this property located between Canal St. & Orlando Dr. around Doughty St.